Monday, September 04, 2006

The Lincoln Park Zoo

Well... Yesterday was a hoot.

We had perfect weather, not too hot, a nice breeze blowing off of Lake Michigan. Just gorgeous.

I have some neat pics to post when I get back home. I will tell you one thing... if a rhino starts spraying piss - leave - move - get the heck outta there. We saw a female rhino that was spraying pee all over some rocks.. and it didn't take long to find out that IT STANK! Some miniscule molecules must have been blowing in the air, because all day I kept thinking I smelled like rhino piss... it had to be stuck in my olfactory. Eeeeuuw.

Lincoln Park Zoo is free... if you drive there, you only pay for the parking. And the parking isn't that expensive. But I'm here to tell you, try to get there as early as you can to get a good parking place, or you'll be walking a long distance just to get a spot to park.

I can't wait to get home so I can get the pictures up.

This morning, it's raining outside. So we are going to Navy Pier. They have a Children's Museum, and a few other things we might want to see.

No comments: