Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Latest update on Netwerk TV issue

Funny, for all of Netwerk TV's insistence that it broke no copyright laws in using my Youtube video for their documentary (and also another Youtube video for the same documentary) they have not only removed MY video but the other person's video as well. Now the documentary contains NO Youtube video at all.

Hmmmmmmm...... and they've done no wrong. Uh-huh. Riiiiight....

On a lighter note, in about a week we'll know if we are in the next batch of referrals - or if we'll have to wait until May (or possibly June). The waiting is aging me beyond my years.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed - but I think doing twelve days of dossiers is really out of the question. Six days is probably more like it - eight if we're all very lucky.

There's a lot of talk about what will happen with adoptions from China during the Olympics. I think probably for around 6-8 weeks, travel to adopt from China will be halted. As we know, the White Swan was doing some rennovations... and some of the Olympics will be held in Hong Kong - so I am assuming that athletes will be staying at 4 & 5 star hotels in China - and most likely will need to stay in some hotels in the Guangzhou area (which is about a 30-45 minute ferry ride to Hong Kong). And the prices for hotels will be astronomically high for the majority of adopters. I can't see hotels dropping prices during that time for adoptive parents when they will be charging several times that for the Olympics.

Just my thoughts. Or as Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I got to say about that."

No comments: