Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Who can stay quietest the longest?

We went to Chicago to see Grandma Geri (for her 91st birthday).  On the way back, we stopped at a Kentucky Fried Chicken we like to eat at every year.

Richelle was her usual self - chatter chatter chatter non-stop.  We were laughing at how she was talking incessantly, and so she said "Let's play who can be quietest the longest. 1-2-3 Go!"

Game on, folks.

She did really well.  Kenzie was the first to crack, and then me.  Then Roy tried to get her to talk.  First, he wrote a note saying, "Richelle is not allowed to talk until she is ten years old."

Richelle just gave him a look that said, "Seriously." Then tore the paper in half (with a rather dramatic flair).

We all began to laugh.  A little time went by and Roy wrote another note.  It said, "Maybe Richelle will forget how to talk."

With that, Richelle grabbed the pen and another napkin and began writing furiously:

"Are you out of your mind, Daddy and you are beginning to lose your laugh so you might as well go ahead and talk, ok? "

With that, I just lost it.  I laughed so hard, tears streamed down my face and I began to get choked and then peed my pants.  I haven't done that since I was in my 20's.

I'm telling you, with this kid, I'm seriously considering wearing adult diapers - she does this kind of funny stuff all the time, and I can ill afford to be carrying around an extra pair of underwear and pants all the time.

By the way, she lost the contest.  She took one of the styrofoam plates, wrote "frisbee" on it and promptly stated for all to hear the word she just wrote....  then covered her mouth when she realized she broke the silence.

But one of these days, she's going to win - she's very competitive. 

No comments: