Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Whirlwind of events...

Last Friday, we got Kenzie's pics taken at the Sears Portrait studio. I had seen friends' pics done by them and I was really impressed. So I paid the big bucks to do a complete photo shoot.

I have to say I was quite impressed. The young girl who was taking the pictures was quite sweet and was pretty good with Kenzie. However, she was wanting to have every picture with a "pretty princess smile". Needless to say, Kenzie got sick of hearing it. She finally just laid down and gave her a look. As she was trying to get my daughter to stand up, I leaned over and said gently, "Just take the picture." Here is the result.



And so it went. Kenzie was quite cooperative through most of it... but every once in a while she'd do something and I'd have to tell the girl to take the picture. Part of this comes from my own experience of knowing my daughter and taking thousands upon thousands of pictures of her for the last 2 1/2 years. So, Kenzie got the point that she didn't have to smile all the time, and that's when she began to enjoy it more. The difference between how Sears handled taking photos and Walmart handled taking photos was a world apart. And the quality of the photos from Sears was phenomenal. Plus, for a price, I got a CD of all the photos they took, so I could print out my own pictures. Sears was a lot more expensive, but I will NEVER go back to Walmart again for photos.

I have the other photos I liked real well below:








Last night, I heard from my mother. She was supposed to be having surgery on her shoulders this week, but last week one of the tests they ran on her heart showed an anomaly they wanted her heart doctor to check out. She had an angioplasty and found that she has 3 arteries severely blocked (85%, 95% & 95%). It's a wonder she didn't have a heart attack already. So, she is scheduled to have open heart surgery one week from today. I'll be there with Kenzie for support. Although there probably won't be much we can do after she first comes out of surgery except smile, tell her we love her, and make sure she is comfortable. Looks like I need to go buy a portable DVD player so Kenzie can watch her cartoons and movies.

I guess in a way, this is a blessing. Her heart problems were found prior to her having a major heart attack. If anyone reads this, please say a prayer for her. Her name is Treva and she needs as much prayer as anyone can give.

3 comments:

Dannye said...

I will definitely say a prayer for her (and your family)...

comingaroundagain said...

I will say a prayer for your mom!

What beautiful photos! What a beautiful Kenzie!

Julie said...

Thanks, Dannye and Sarah. It is nice to know that there are friends who care.