Sunday, June 15, 2008

Referral update

I have to say, I'm impressed with the orphanage that our referral came from. They sent the xrays that were taken of her from last year for us to view, plus they have volunteered to do a CT scan and will also video tape her for us.

I am becoming more comfortable that this child has nothing seriously wrong with her. (I put the emphasis on seriously wrong - minor issues, or even developmental delays or learning disabilities, I'm pretty sure we will be able to deal with those.) I have a feeling she may be a bit shy, and probably didn't get the kind of stimulation Kenzie was privy to, since Kenzie was given loads of attention by us. But the more I see and hear, the more I am certain this is our daughter. There are so many things that just seem to say to me this is the right thing to do.

I wish more orphanages were like this one. They seem to be willing to do what it takes to assure us "nervous nellies" that the child is as they say.

I am hoping the next post will be that we have sent off our acceptance. That's what I really want to write.

In the meantime, I have THIS goofball to deal with! LOL!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Julie,
So happy to hear that the orphanage is helping you.
I check here often. You are in my prayers.

p.s. Kenzie is a cutie!!
And one very smart "cookie"!