You know, there was a time during this adoption wait that Roy and I would look at each other and say, "Well, if we haven't gotten a referral by "this date", then we should just forget it." Or, "If we haven't adopted by "this date" we should just forget it. Those "dates" have changed as the wait has gone on. But as time went on, and the referral got closer and closer, we began to ignore the "forget it" attitude and started believing that everything would be alright. Then we got our referral... but it doesn't end there
Well, here it is late September, and we've been fingerprinted again for the 3rd time. We are being told that it will take 3-4 weeks to get our written approval back. That would mean we probably wouldn't be going until late November at the earliest. The good news was this fingerprinting didn't cost us anything...
In a week I will call the contact person I'd been given and ask her if she has received the approval from the FBI... and if she has, if she can send an email to our coordinator, so hopefully, we won't be Christmas going to get our daughter. I really don't want to wait any longer than necessary.
On the other hand, I am working on getting a nice picture book together for Jia. It will include pics of us, her extended family, and facts about us and where we live that she might like to know, plus places that we like (like the parks and places we like to go to). I hope to have that completed by Wednesday or Thursday, and then have friends interpret our words into Chinese. I hope to have it overnighted to her by no later than the second week of October. She needs time to get to "know" us and what her life might be like before she even meets us.